Featured Post

Books Finished vs. Books Reviewed

So I am completely finished reading 8 books. I am working on two books right now. I gave up on the audio I was trying to listen to. I have n...

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Three Cups of Tea

I always believed that a single person really does have the ability to change the world and Greg Mortenson has proved it. This is a very inspirational story. You really get to follow Greg through all of his adventures, including the triumphs, the failures, and the failures that were triumphs in disguise. He takes you inside a culture that many of us know far too little about. He doesn't make it sound like everything is perfect but instead shows how little the differences between us and them actually matter. He proves how huge a difference something as simple as a school can make in a community, and how those ripples can move through a region and then the world.


I rarely read non-fiction but I really liked this story. Not only was Greg interviewed extensively to capture his story, but so were many of the people he worked with both in America and Pakistan. The best part of this story is that because of the children educated in these schools, Mortenson's work will continue to change the world long after all of us are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment