Featured Post

Books Finished vs. Books Reviewed

So I am completely finished reading 8 books. I am working on two books right now. I gave up on the audio I was trying to listen to. I have n...

Friday, January 21, 2011

On and On I go

This post might not make that much sense. I finished Dewey around 4:30 am this morning. Please don't ask me why I was awake, I would have much rather been sleeping. I will review that book later. At home where I can laugh and cry and hug my cat while I am writing.

I have been reading quite fast so far, which is good because it will put me a little bit ahead of schedule when I start House of Leaves soon. House of Leaves is going to take a while. Longer then Wicked even.

I started Dewey late Sunday night, after I finished reading Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk, which I probably won't review because it does not count towards my total. I realized halfway through that it was under 200 pages. It was interesting, but not as funny as I thought it was going to be. In fact I didn't find it very funny at all. I feel like he took a bunch of human "types" and turned them into animals to make it interesting in a psychological sort of way. The illustrations were cool but I took little from this book. Some people might love it, I just don't belong in that group. It was ok. I will have to read some of his other stuff. Any recommendations that will make me laugh?

I am also listening to The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. Thanks to the Johnstown Library and their extensive audio supply. It will make my life a lot easier now that I have a card because I was wondering how I was going to fund this adventure. Especially considering the cost of audios. I was lucky enough to own most of the books I have already read, but especially considering that I might very well hate some of the books I am going to read on this journey I think the library is going to become a very good friend. Actually probably the whole library system, but Johnstown in particular because I can literally walk there from work. I could walk to Gloversville from my house but I wouldn't in this weather.

So now I must decide what to read now. Should I jump into House of Leaves, which will very probably be the most difficult book I read during this whole challenge? Should I pick one out of the Young Adult genre like Hush, Hush? Do I feel like Fiction or Nonfiction? Dewey was a true story, It's Kind of a Funny Story was probably the truest novel I have ever read. Robert Langdon is already caught up in figuring out Masonic symbols beneath our nation's capital every time I start my car. So whose story do I get caught up in next?

No comments:

Post a Comment