Featured Post

Books Finished vs. Books Reviewed

So I am completely finished reading 8 books. I am working on two books right now. I gave up on the audio I was trying to listen to. I have n...

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Water for Elephants

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen was wonderful. I loved this book. I think everyone should read it. I was lucky enough to get this on audio :) If you choose to listen be careful listening to it while driving. There are parts that will make you cry, as well as parts that will make you laugh, and maybe a few times where you might want to punch a pillow or scream. The story follows a train circus through the eyes and memories of Jacob, a boy a few exams away from being a vet with a degree from Cornell. He jumps a train that just happens to be holding the Benzini Brothers Most Spectacular Show on Earth. The show going on behind the scenes is even more spectacular then what is going on in the big top.

I was never really into the circus but even I can appreciate the amount of research Sara must have done for this. She takes you right into Jacob's world as both a young and old man (23 and 90 or 93) and she doesn't let you out until well after you finish the book. In fact I still think I might run away with the circus. There is always time. My luck I would get "redlighted" but you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment